A Catholic Journey...

Welcome! I invite you to follow and share my spiritual journey into the Catholic Faith. I am using this blog to share my studies and musings on converting to Catholicism.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A new beginning

As my CRHP Team 42 comes to an end, it's hard not to be sad.  I met some awesome women who are now my close friends and I will miss the meetings tremendously.  For one, I was only a catholic for 1 week when I attended the retreat, so it was an invaluable experience because I got to know catholic women for the first time.  Getting to know them really solidified my decision to convert...they are amazing women with amazing faith.  As our fearless leaders have pointed out many times, it is not an ending, but a starting off point...to continue to go deeper in our faith and community.  This is a great time to end, with the Year of Faith starting off on Oct 11th (my mom's bday).  Do I think I will be as diligent to read my bible and increase my knowledge, as I have been during this CRHP process...probably not, but I will try! 
So as teams in the past have provided an amazing experience through our parish, I hope that our team can keep it alive, but more importantly, not lose touch.  It is so important to have people around you who share in your faith. 
So happy Year of Faith to all you catholics...and to the non-catholics...study your faith too!
Cheers to a prosperous year and to not letting the momentum die out.

No comments:

Post a Comment