A Catholic Journey...

Welcome! I invite you to follow and share my spiritual journey into the Catholic Faith. I am using this blog to share my studies and musings on converting to Catholicism.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Giving us a bad name

We are coming up on our next CRHP (Christ Renews His Parish) retreat, which I am on the "giving" team.  I am so excited.  My CRHP weekend was one of the best weekends I have ever had.  It is definitely the only weekend I have ever spent so close to the Holy trinity.  I felt the Holy Spirit like never before.  I met beautiful women and we shared so openly and it was such an awesome retreat.

Going into this next retreat, I am praying that women will feel the Holy Spirit and come!  I have spoken to many women, they all have their excuses.  Maybe it's just not their time.  Last night I did an announcement at mass.  After mass I was at the table, and this woman came by and I asked her if she had ever been.  She was annoyed and said "I'm not interested".  She then started to walk away, but came back by the table and said, very rudely and pompously, "Actually, I went, and I didn't like it".  Then she huffed and puffed and blew herself away.  I told my husband that I should have told her that I would pray for her, half jokingly but really seriously.

I shouldn't have let it get to me, but I was honestly, really insulted.  Who doesn't like CRHP?  It was the manner she said it.  Cold.  I couldn't believe this woman had just come out of mass.  Did she not hear the homily...or any homily?  Did she think she was the exception to the rule of "love thy neighbor".  I know she probably has a lot of pain in her heart, but if you can accept the eucharist, it should in turn transform you...at least for 30 minutes!

Anyway, I was just sensitive last night.  I really truly hope that she can get over herself.  Mostly I was upset that she had probably bad mouthed this wonderful gift of CRHP to her friend, who will probably never go because of misguided advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment