A Catholic Journey...

Welcome! I invite you to follow and share my spiritual journey into the Catholic Faith. I am using this blog to share my studies and musings on converting to Catholicism.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Red Mass

I would like to do a proper post on this, but I just can't right now.  This week has been so busy on top of having a cold.  I missed the final and most important Red Mass choir practice on Sunday because I couldn't get out of bed.  So, I tried hard to practice the rest of the week so I wouldn't mess up, but my voice was shot and even my husband felt the need to tell me I sounded bad.  I ate lots of cough drops and drank tea the day of the mass, and my voice came back just enough...thanks God!
The mass was awesome!  It was the first time I had been to a "fancy" mass.  There were like 6 bishops, including the archbishop of Miami.  There was A LOT of incense, which I loved.  I was wondering when all this incense burning that people talk about actually happened.  The cathedral was beautiful, not my usual place of worship, and there were tons of people...wearing red...of course.  It was a very poignant homily too, specifically targeted to the government officials (the governor was sitting close by), about using the wisdom of god throughout the ages and having the ability to make compromises and basically see the "big picture" that god has set for us.  It was a really long homily, but it was good.  My 2 year old daughter didn't like it too much.  Luckily I sit with the choir though, so Daddy was on duty.  Phew.  I am excited to go again next year!  Oh, and the choir was "powerful" according to many, so I am proud to have sang in it.
Sorry I didn't do this post more justice (pun intended).  Alex was supposed to take pics of the cathedral but Serena wouldn't let him...she needed Daddy time.

No comments:

Post a Comment