A Catholic Journey...

Welcome! I invite you to follow and share my spiritual journey into the Catholic Faith. I am using this blog to share my studies and musings on converting to Catholicism.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Minute Meditation 12/19

Give it your All 

This Christmas, celebrate the season as though it were your last. One day, you'll be right. 

— from A Catholic Christmas


**********
A little too morbid for me this morning, 6 days before Christmas, but it's true.  Whenever I have lost a family member, like my grandfather in 2010, 5 days after my daughter was born, it always seems to make the holidays mean more.  We need these loved ones more during this joyous season, mostly because it is about god's love, and we have so much love for those we lost, and it's like we can't give it to them.  Coming into the faith this year has been comforting during this holiday season.  I feel like I can share the holidays with my grandfather, he is all around me and watching us and sharing with us, we just can't see him.  I am so happy to have all that I have this holiday season and I will continue to try to make it the best one yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment