A Catholic Journey...

Welcome! I invite you to follow and share my spiritual journey into the Catholic Faith. I am using this blog to share my studies and musings on converting to Catholicism.

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Judgement

Man, sometimes the daily readings are just what you need to hear.  I was feeling bad last night and this morning about judging others.  One of my many sins, one that bothers me the most, is gossip.  It's so hard to not talk about people.  Sometimes I feel like it's the only thing to talk about, besides my kids.    I have had this conversation with a lot of my friends...if it's not necessarily something bad, then is it still gossip?
My deal last night was that I worked a Junior League shift at an upscale fundraising event and I encountered some people who really irritated me.  The event had ended and I was cleaning up the tables.  A few of the couples that were still lingering were pissed because I was clearing their tables before they wanted me to.  I got a lot of dirty sneers and a few of them made jokes or were angry about me cleaning up their drinks...which they had had too many of in my opinion.  I guess I just felt inferior, even though I could have just as easily been on the other side of the fence.  It just made me angry.  I didn't know why I couldn't let it go, just laugh off their idiocy.
I shouldn't be judging them for judging me.
Judgement.
It's the #1 reason non-christians say they hate christians.
Christian or non-christian...no one has the right to judge others.
As I tell my almost 4 year old, "worry about yourself".
Read these while thinking about the last time you judged someone.
These are the readings for today, don't they just fit????:


Reading 1LV 19:1-2, 17-18

The LORD said to Moses,
“Speak to the whole Israelite community and tell them:
Be holy, for I, the LORD, your God, am holy.

“You shall not bear hatred for your brother or sister in your heart.
Though you may have to reprove your fellow citizen,
do not incur sin because of him.
Take no revenge and cherish no grudge against any of your people.
You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
I am the LORD.”

Reading 2 1 COR 3:16-23

Brothers and sisters:
Do you not know that you are the temple of God,
and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?
If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person;
for the temple of God, which you are, is holy.

Let no one deceive himself.
If any one among you considers himself wise in this age,
let him become a fool, so as to become wise.
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in the eyes of God,
for it is written:
God catches the wise in their own ruses
and again:
The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise,
that they are vain.


So let no one boast about human beings, for everything belongs to you, 
Paul or Apollos or Cephas,
or the world or life or death,
or the present or the future:
all belong to you, and you to Christ, and Christ to God.





No comments:

Post a Comment