A Catholic Journey...

Welcome! I invite you to follow and share my spiritual journey into the Catholic Faith. I am using this blog to share my studies and musings on converting to Catholicism.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Feast of Corpus Christi


Reading 2 Heb 9:11-15

Brothers and sisters:
When Christ came as high priest
of the good things that have come to be,
passing through the greater and more perfect tabernacle
not made by hands, that is, not belonging to this creation,
he entered once for all into the sanctuary,
not with the blood of goats and calves
but with his own blood, thus obtaining eternal redemption.
For if the blood of goats and bulls
and the sprinkling of a heifer's ashes
can sanctify those who are defiled
so that their flesh is cleansed,
how much more will the blood of Christ,
who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God,
cleanse our consciences from dead works
to worship the living God.

For this reason he is mediator of a new covenant:
since a death has taken place for deliverance
from transgressions under the first covenant,
those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance.
*****
I really enjoyed the 2nd reading in mass this morning.  I am still a Eucharist novice and that is really a good thing.  I take it seriously and I try to focus on the priest and what he is saying in the Eucharistic prayer.  I often pray during the mass, for my loved ones to find peace.  Each time I accept the most blessed sacrament, it gives me such peace.  I invite the people in my life to choose God and enjoy the pure love and joy that the mass and church family offer us.  My faith is such a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment