A Catholic Journey...

Welcome! I invite you to follow and share my spiritual journey into the Catholic Faith. I am using this blog to share my studies and musings on converting to Catholicism.

Monday, February 20, 2012

EWTN.com - New Book Points Out Pitfalls of Cohabitation

EWTN.com - New Book Points Out Pitfalls of Cohabitation

I have been telling my friends this since I took a Marriage & The Family class in community college back in 2001. It truly makes a difference in a relationship, to have that commitment. You don't have to get married, but moving in together is a death penalty on a relationship. It may not end right away, but eventually, with the lack of commitment wearing away at you...the "what if's" always peeking around the corner, you will be unhappy. I have lived with two boyfriends before I lived with my 3third and final, and trust me, it wasn't until I married Alex, that I really felt comfortable and secure. I could have made it work with the 1st two if we were married. I really truly believe that. They were both good dudes in happy relationships now, but living together with no commitment in sight is what ruined it. Even an engagement can help, but there is always a doubt as to whether it will last. For me, I think that marriage is "'til death do us part" and I think most people believe that, whether they admit it or not. That binding of two people is a beautiful thing and should be taken seriously and with lot's of respect and selflessness, you can have a blossoming love affair for life. I really believe we can all make it happen. So, take the leap (with the right person) and you will see that the day after you are married, you will feel a huge weight lifted off of you. It's kind of like confession I think, I hope. I am told that confession is so freeing and I can't wait to be a part of it.

3 comments:

  1. I nominated you for a couple of awards!

    http://www.gracelovesiggy.com/2012/02/award-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. exactly!!! great post. i have seen many promising relationships flounder and go up in smoke because of this "freedom from marriage". so sad and so stupid. why do people want to cheat themselves out of happiness and that oh so overlooked gift of contentment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your honesty and desire to share your experience and what you have learned is beautiful. May your marriage be full of the Light of Christ.

    Your baby is lovely!

    ReplyDelete