A Catholic Journey...

Welcome! I invite you to follow and share my spiritual journey into the Catholic Faith. I am using this blog to share my studies and musings on converting to Catholicism.

Friday, June 29, 2012

From Pope Benedict

"The Church is not a community of the perfect, but a community of sinners, obliged to recognize their need for God's love, their need to be purified through the Cross of Jesus Christ," ~Pope Benedict


EWTN news story

One thing I love about the Catholic faith is that we view people as sinners.  Most non-catholics think that is a cop out.  It is true that we shouldn't sin, we are supposed to live by the rule "WWJD".  In the bible though, it clearly explains that we all possess original sin, no one is exempt from sin.  Those who say they don't are the worst kind.  I love that I can admit my sins, reconcile with God.  It has been hard to hide my sins the last 30 years, but now I can set them free.  It's just a great faith, that accepts those who sin and loves them no matter what, like God...unconditional love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment