A Catholic Journey...

Welcome! I invite you to follow and share my spiritual journey into the Catholic Faith. I am using this blog to share my studies and musings on converting to Catholicism.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

April 26, 2012

Flattery Gets You Nowhere 

You must never flatter yourself for whatever good you might notice in yourself, because everything good comes to you from God, and you need to give the honor and glory to him. 

— from Padre Pio's Spiritual Direction for Every Day


***
I have been is a foggy haze since Monday.  I had the busiest 4-day travel weekend and I am still getting over it, on Thursday.  I have not done any of the things that nurture my creativity and spirituality, besides quickly reading these quotes I get in my email daily.  I have not done my Artist Way work, have not read the bible, didn't go to mass on Sunday (I went to Disney instead) and I missed my RCIA and choir last night because I had some sort of 24 hour bug.  Woe is me.  I know there are no excuses for slacking of, I am a slacker sometimes.  This quote, for once, is not totally applicable to me right now, because I am not about to flatter myself in any way.  I know I have let down God this week.  He forgives though.  I just need to step up my game and get back on the horse.  It is tough to go from having 4 amazing days of love and fun, and then come home to the grind.  I am starting up a bible/book study group with a couple of my mom friends, the book we chose is about catholic motherhood and I am hoping I get some insights into turning my personal growth into family growth.  One good thing is that I have been praying more with Serena.  Yesterday when she woke up she said "say prayer to Jesus!", and we did.  She loves it.  Small improvements...baby steps...pun intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment