A Catholic Journey...

Welcome! I invite you to follow and share my spiritual journey into the Catholic Faith. I am using this blog to share my studies and musings on converting to Catholicism.

Follow by Email

Friday, February 24, 2012

1st friday in Lent

So far, giving up facebook has been awesome.  I find that my brain is far less scattered, less involved in what others are doing and more involved in myself.  I am heading to Orlando tonight to host my best friend's bridal shower.  I have lot's to do and think about.  I have borrowed from the library a couple of John Paul II's books on CD to listen to during my 8 hours of driving.  I am proud of myself for thinking to do this, to keep my studies going while traveling, instead of using the trip as an excuse to slack off.
I am excited for my weekend!
Here is the minute meditation I received this morning in my email, very relevant.

A picture I took on Ash Wednesday, out my window

Obedience is Tough

Jesus, I know that you learned obedience from what you suffered. I struggle with obedience to God's will and pray with all my heart that I learn the lesson you teach me and that I receive from you the gift of eternal life. Amen.

— from The Challenge of the Cross


2 comments:

  1. Renee, I'm enjoying reading your journey. It's very encouraging, and I'm glad you're doing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love listening to stuff like that on long drives. I download free stuff from iTunes and our parish does the Lighthouse Media program, so I always have plenty to listen to. I always seem to forget about the library, so thanks for that reminder.

    I posted some Scripture quotes for Lent if you want to check them out. They're at www.daysofgraceandstumbling.blogspot.com. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete