A Catholic Journey...

Welcome! I invite you to follow and share my spiritual journey into the Catholic Faith. I am using this blog to share my studies and musings on converting to Catholicism.

Friday, December 9, 2011

Natural Family Planning

I am ashamed to say that I have not until now, made any effort to use the NFP method for conception.  It's better late than never right?  I was thinking I would just look up a couple of websites and BOOM, I would know what to do.  Not the case.  It is like going to law school. I got a book from the library and it is huge!  Taking Charge of Your Fertility, it's not that simple.
Have any advice for me?
The good news is, is that I am researching NFP and making it happen.  I know that just like most things, once I start charting, I will get used to it, and like the book says, it may become enjoyable.  I am excited to get to know my body better, which is something every 30 year old should know by now.


2 comments:

  1. Hi There, I have been charting for over a year now..and it is never too late! Embrace this openly and be patient with the process of getting to know yourself and your body in a new way....the way God intended. The best thing to do is to seek out people within your parish community who either teach NFP, or have practiced it for a long period of time. While the websites are extremely helpful I think it is also important to share your chart, concerns, and findings so that you can grasp the hang of it :) the billings website is very helpful though. If you have any questions you can contact me at celestewritings@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I have just started learning about NFP and began charting a couple weeks ago. I've got "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" on hold at the library, so thanks for the heads-up that it's a big book. I feel silly knowing so little about my own body after 25 years, and I'm enjoying learning and experiencing all the cool biology. I hope you have a positive experience too!

    ReplyDelete