A Catholic Journey...

Welcome! I invite you to follow and share my spiritual journey into the Catholic Faith. I am using this blog to share my studies and musings on converting to Catholicism.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Minute Meditation

Devotion to Angels 

If we sincerely want to do the right thing, angels can help us. So we should cultivate a devotion to the guardian angels. They're powerful spiritual beings who want us to succeed at being good. They want us to end up in heaven. 

— from Angels of God

********
I get emails daily, from americancatholic.org, which I found through my parish's website, of "minute meditations".  It's basically the smallest and laziest way to have at least one moment of your day be about god.  I love it.  It would be nice if we could all be like Jesus all day, but that is not really possible for most of us.  I am taking this one day at a time, after all, we are all just sinners.  I am not in any way content in being a sinner, but I am aware that I am, and that is progress right?  
Today's minute meditation is not one that I can really meditate on...yet.  I have not been schooled in the ways of angels in my RCIA class yet, so this is something I will need to seek knowledge of.  I am just now getting the whole "saints" thing, which I am devouring books on, and really enjoying.  I am a little sad that I didn't have all these saints to look up to as a child, growing up protestant.  But, a family friend of ours a catholic, recently told me that the way I am going about it, is the right way.  She meant, that I am an adult, finding out the true meanings and teachings, and actually learning them and enjoying them fully.  I think that's what she meant.  So, angels will be my new task.  

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to Blogging, to exploring this amazing faith journey, and thank you for sending out the word to the rest of us to come and find you (I found you via Julie @ Happy Catholic). I love learning more about my cradle faith. I too did not grow up with the saints as a cradle Catholic other than St. Patrick, St. Nick, St. Valentine, and anyone else my Catholic school mentioned.

    Now, as a mother, I find myself falling in love with the saints (very slowly still...I barely know anything), turning to the saints for example, Catholic cuisine/Feast days, and our faith more and more. My family was a fusion of protestant mother and devout Catholic father. So...there was a tempering of what I learned I guess.

    I will be praying for you daily, and can't wait to come and follow your posts! I pray you love what you discover and journey toward Easter and becoming a member of the community of believers! My husband came into the faith when we were just friends in 1999. We married in 2001. I can not TELL you what a gift the Church has been to us. I'll be honest, we are going through some hard financial and marital times (started 2 months ago), but the community of believers, the Eucharist, and the Sacraments, and NFP are our saving graces to stay dedicated, faithful and hopeful to each other and to our faith. I don't know where we would be without our faith and the Church.

    Bless you, and take care! Can't wait to keep reading! I'll try and comment when I can slow down. As a fellow blogger, I know how nice it is to get feedback when you feel confused, alone, excited, or happy. Praying for you!!!

    ~ VM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings,

    May I advise you to take things slowly, one step at a time. It is good you're attending RCIA. Asking questions will help you in your journey hand in hand with Christ.

    Yes, Angels exist all right. It is sad that not much is said about them in sermons on Sunday. Sermons these days tend to be "gentle" and don't contain anything that might confuse a modern audience who in some cases don't know anymore what to believe.

    I am praying for you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm partial to the Angel Gabriel myself, because every time he appears in Scripture, it is as a communicator "par excellence." But your source is right; I should cultivate a relationship with my guardian angel, too. And being able to look to saints for particular kinds of help or inspiration is great. I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete